Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Burn Center

On Thursday, I was asked to be a waitress for the Burn Unit dinner. Augusta has the #1 burn unit in the nation, and each year different churches prepare meals and offer places to stay for the families of the patients. This dinner was for the different churches that participate in preparing the meals. The board of the Doctors Hospital came, and there was a speaker who talked about the burn unit. They played a slide show of different burn victims and heard stories of different victims. It was heart breaking to watch and listen to these stories. We have to do one of our rotations at the burn clinic, so it was nice to go ahead and meet people from there and see what we will be working with.


This is my "family away from home" minus Kaitlyn. Mrs. Beth is the one that asked me to be a waitress. I am so thankful for this family and all that they have done for me just in the few weeks that they have known me.

No comments:

Post a Comment