Monday, February 18, 2013

I had a "day-cation" but I need a vacation..

I had a feeling that I would get very important news last week, so I decided I wanted to get away while I was waiting on "the call". I asked Anthony if I could go down to his beach house for a mini vacation, and he couldnt have been more supportive!! I was planning on going alone, but decided this would be a good time to bond with my future sister-in-law, Brittany. 
 Chanel was so excited! 
 It rained the whole way there, but I kept telling myself that the sun would come out eventually. Well, that did not happen that day! 
Chanel and I sat on the balcony just waiting for the rain to calm down. 
 It never stopped raining, but we decided to go out on the beach anyway! 
I found a "doggy" beach where I could take Chanel and let her run around without having to worry about her bothering anyone. 
I love that it looks like she is smiling in this picture. 

Brittany arrived that night, and we went to eat and came back to watch The Bachelor. 
 We could not decide on what we wanted to eat, so why not order three appetizers?!
 Chanel's friend, Darbi joined her and they were able to play like little kids on the beach together. 




 The dogs footprints. 


I started off where this picture started. Chanel saw a seagull and took of running into the water. I'm not going to lie.... I was a little frightened that she was going to go too far out or that the current would take her to where I couldnt get to her. She definitely was NOT scared of the water!! 

I did not receive the "call" I was waiting for while on this trip, but I'm beginning to think that this trip was for building a relationship with Brittany. I am so thankful that she was able to take off of work and come down to spend some time with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment