Monday, December 5, 2011

Jill and Warren Gorman...



Have you ever had those moments in life where you do not think things can get any worse? Where you feel like you've reached your breaking point and have nowhere else to go? Or feel you have noone to turn to? My freshman year of college was a rough time for me. I was in such a dark place and was experiencing some sort of depression. I eventually began to hate myself and did not think that I would amount to anything. This is where Jill Gorman stepped in. Jill and her husband, Warren, had just moved to Albany, and my mom kept telling me to get to know her and sit down and talk with her (Jill is a marriage and family therapist). When I reached my breaking point, I finally gave in.


I remember being so nervous the first time I met up with Jill. I was so scared that she would judge me. I had never opened up to anyone like I did to Jill. I know she probably thought "What in the world am I getting myself into?!" Jill helped bring me out of my lowest point in life. She never judged, never gave up on me, never stopped praying for me, and never broke my trust. Jill helped me to believe in myself, have confidence in myself, and have respect for myself.

I truly believe that God put the Gorman family in Albany, because I needed her. I know Warren was offered a job at Byne.. and he did a wonderful job there, but I do not know where I would be today if it weren't for my sweet friend Jill.
Today, Jill and her husband, and their newly adopted baby moved to Little Rock. I am heartbroken to lose her as a friend here in Albany, but I know that she will be someone that I will always be in contact with. Jill has helped me grow mentally and spiritually, and I have been able to watch her grow into a "Mama". I am going to miss them so much, but will be forever thankful for everything she has done for me!

Jill,
THANK YOU for helping me get through a such dark phase in my life! I seriously dont know what my life would be like if you didnt step in. I am so blessed to have you as one of my good friends. I am so excited for you, Warren, Baker... and Marley. I know yall are going to touch so many lives there in Little Rock. I know yall touched so many here in Albany. I love you so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment