Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas traditions...


I saw a 12 days of Christmas challenge, but I started too late! They started BEFORE Thanksgiving! Christmas starts AFTER Thanksgiving at my house!!



Day 1: CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS



~Every Thanksgiving Mimi and Poppy give me a new Santa, and my boy cousins a nutcracker to collect.
This is the one I got this year! You can hang it on the door and put pictures in his wired beared! :)


~Thanksgiving night or the day after, we put up our FAKE christmas tree. It drives me crazy having a fake tree! But we DO have a candle that SMELLS like christmas trees.

~Mama puts a pot on the stove with apples, oranges, and cinnamon sticks, and it makes the entire house smell SO good!
~We all put the ornaments on the tree together (this part is always dreaded! i dont know why!)

~We watch Christmas movies EVERY night
~Several of the girls I graduated high school with will always get together the week before Christmas.

~Daddy always waits till Christmas eve or the day before Christmas Eve to get Mamas present, so either me, or my brother will make a quick trip to the mall with him.

~Christmas Eve night we go to my dads side of the family to eat and open presents.
~When we get home, we are all allowed to open ONE present! **which are usually Christmas pjs!

~Christmas morning we sleep in a little bit then go downstairs to see what SANTA brought us!

~Mama always makes breakfast for us all afterwards :)

~For lunch we go to Mamas side of the family to eat and open presents

~After lunch we either come home to watch a movie, or go to the movie theatre to watch a Christmas movie

~We go BACK to Mimi and Poppys for supper and have more family come over then!


~We have to take our highly dreaded family picture with EVERYONE in it---including animals!

~We sit around playing cards, dominoes, and other games as a family....

........Then its ALL over!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the perfect few days! Rest up for that whirlwind and have a wonderful Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete