Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Child Life Week



All across the world, March is considered to be CHILD LIFE MONTH!!!! This month we have celebrated it at the hospital. Last week was what we call "Child Life Week". Each day had a different theme... Crazy Sock/Tie Day.... Crazy Hat Day..... Favorite Sports Day....Wear Your Favorite Color Day... and Pattern Day. We have also gone to a library and different schools in the area to talk about going to the hospital. Last week we went to one day care and our supervisor taught the children about why they go to the hospital and taught them different doctor tools they may see while they are there. We also let them dress up in gowns, gloves, hats, and masks. I was at the table where we put real casts on their fingers. They LOVED it!!!


I had to put this on here since its child life month :)




Our supervisors spoiled us every single day.




Tricia and I on *Sports Day*




Another gift from our supervisors.




Our supervisors are obsessed with post-it notes and gave us some Vera Bradley ones! I just love it!!




This was my hat for crazy hat day!! It made me want to go to the beach :)




Another gift from our supervisors! Too bad I didnt win ;)


On Friday, we went to Palmetto Health in Columbia, SC to tour their hospital and see how their Child Life program runs. It was definitely a neat experience! I am so grateful that our supervisors schedule us different tours to go on at surrounding hospitals.








Laura Merriem and I at lunch


Tricia, Stephanie, and Carrie.




HAPPY CHILD LIFE MONTH YALL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment