Saturday, March 3, 2012

Prayers for Ivy & Africa

Today, I am asking all of my friends and family to lift up prayers for one one my best friends, Ivy Laing. Tomorrow she is leaving for a 6 month mission trip to Africa. She will be over there to "teach" English to older students, help start up a Church, and spend her summer at a school in Ethiopia doing camps for orphans. She told me earlier today that Djibouti is the hottest place in the world in certain spots, so she is going to be living hardcore for a few months.

(this will be on my fridge for the next 6 months)

Ivy was supposed to head to Africa at the end of December, but people over there found out that she was going for missions. For those of you who do not know, Christians are hated over there. It is a very dangerous place to be going, but this shows how Ivy is completely sold out to the Lord. She is such an inspiration to me, and to so many others...


In a prayer card that Ivy sent me, it says....

"Remember, I am going on this journey as a "teacher". Please refrain using the words missions, missionary, conversions, Jesus, prayer, or anything that will give my identity away. To show them Christ's love.... I first have to be accepted".

I asked Ivy if it was okay to post about her "mission trip" online, and she said yes that they do not have high security on the internet, but we just have to be careful in emails and letters.

I am so blessed to have Ivy as one of my best friends. I have been on several mission trips in the past with her, and she has the biggest, loving, tender heart out of any of my friends.


Here are some of her tweets about Africa:

"My team handbook just made things real: When our missionaries are killed, we will send more missionaries"


"literally just laughed thinking when I arrive to Africa, I wont have a bed, mattress, internet, or phone. My first day will be an adventure."


"She laughs with no fear of the future, because her hope is in Me. -Proverbs 31:25"


Follow her journey on.....

twitter: @ivylaing7



Ivy,

I am so so proud of you!! I know this has been such a long process for you. It is hard to believe that the day is FINALLY here. I LOVE how we were able to see a few reasons why your trip was delayed.. just shows that the Lord knew exactly what He was doing. I will be thinking about you and praying for you every single day. You truly are an inspiration to me, and you have made such a difference in my life. I pray that the Lord will protect you, guide you, challenge you, speak through you, and let others see Him through YOU. Most of all, I pray that Africa will be a different place because of you. Be safe and make memories my little missionary friend.. I love you!!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Tears of joy for friendship and moving when God calls. Dear Ivy, I'll also be yarping fervently for you ♥

    ReplyDelete