Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Mimi and Poppys Visit

Last weekend, Chanel and I had two very special visitors... My grandparents! They originally came to take care of me because of the pain my kidney stones were causing, but it ended with us just having a good time together!



Poppy took this picture, and I thought it was cute.


Right when they got here, Poppy had a cute little surprise for me. He made me this clock out of wood from Hawaii. I thought it was really cute, and it is now sitting by my bed!


After they got here, we headed to MCG for my doctors appointment with the urologist. This was the view from the waiting area. It looks over at the Veterans Hospital. We were there for about 3 hours, and ended up getting good news! I passed one of my kidney stones, and there is still another one in my kidney. I will have to keep getting in xrayed to make sure it is not growing. If it grows, I will have to have surgery so it will not damage my kidney. I pray that thing stays in there and does not grow, because I do not want to go through that pain EVER again!!!
After my appointment, we went down to the River Walk..

The three of us.. our view..
After the walk, we went and ate at my favorite place, Boll Weevils. The food was excellent, but I am always a sucker for their desserts. I got just the simple strawberry cheesecake.
Mimi got the lemon filled cake.
and Poppy got the chocolate chip banana nut cake.
This is a better picture of how big the cakes actually are.

That night, Poppy stayed at the house, and Mimi and I went shopping!!!!!!


Laying with their dog Honey before it was time to go to bed!

The next morning, we got up and decided to go to the mall to do some shopping! We got a few Christmas presents out of the way, and Mimi and Poppy bought me a "Get well soon" gift.. a mustard color scarf!! :) Maybe I should get sick more often!!!

It was so nice to have family here on the weekend! I get SO lonely here on weekends, so it was nice to actually have something to do and someone to do something with!! Mimi and Poppy, thank you so much for coming!! I am so glad that I ended up feeling much better!! I had a blast with yall! I cant wait to see you this weekend!!! LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment