Sunday, October 9, 2011

Moving on...

This past week was my last week with oncology patients. My rotation is now over and I will be heading to pediatric clinics for the next 8 weeks! I am so sad to leave all the patients that I became close to, but am excited about meeting new ones! :)


Each week we had to provide an art activity for the patients. Since mine are long term patients, I wanted to do a project that the patients would be able to do every time they came in.. I decided on a tree with falling leaves and pumpkins. I also came up with the idea of making butterflies out of masks and I think one girl decided to put a cat in the tree. I loved how this project turned out, and the kids LOVES doing it.


One of my favorite things about these past 8 weeks is my refrigerator. Alot of the patients have made me things. They have made me lots of jewelry and several things I could hang up on my frigde!

Since we all had a long stressful, exciting, heart breaking, emotional, and sleepless past 8 weeks we decided to treat ourselves to seeing a movie on Friday night. We all wanted to go see the movie Courageous! It was so good! I think we spent most of the movie crying and getting all of our tears out that have built up the past 8 weeks. This picture was taken AFTER we did all of our crying during the movie!


I will post another blog soon on everything that I have learned so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment