Sunday, May 6, 2012

Goodbye Augusta, Hello Albany


On Friday morning, all of the interns had to go to the hospital to get our final grades. We also had to turn in all three of our badges :(
Laura Merriem and Stephanie waiting to get their grades. We are sitting in the oncology playroom :)
Im going to miss this so much!!
After we got our grades, we had to meet two of our supervisors at Starbucks to talk about the internship and what could be changed for next years interns. I am so thankful for the two women in this picture! I have learned SO much from both Kym and Katie. I am thankful that they want to help us find jobs and keep in touch with us. It is always nice knowing that somoene believes in you.
That night all of the interns went to a restaurant called TakoSushi for our going away dinner.
Tricia, Me, and Carrie.
Words cannot express how much these girls mean to me. I was so embarrassed when we went to hug and say our goodbyes, I lost it and started bawling. I know I will see them in two weeks when we go to Washington, DC for our test, but it was still so hard saying goodbye. I have been with these girls almost every day for the past 9 months, so its going to be strange not having them around every day.
Saturday, Carrie's family and my family went out to lunch so our families could meet each other.
I never imagined that I would make such a great friend during this time. Carrie has done so much for me during this internship such as taking me to the ER, getting me groceries when Im sick, helping out when I had my wreck.. I could go on and on. I am so glad that my family got to meet her and see how special she is to me.
Our families clicked right away. They all had so much in common, and I have a feeling that ALL of us will keep in touch :)
Andrew trying to be gangster while packing up.
brother & sister.
an empty apartment :(
My bedroom.
 4 1/2 hours later.... I am HOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment