Sunday, May 13, 2012

A New Member of the Family...

In my family, I am known for bringing home animals without telling people. At my house, I have a dog, Buddy, who we found on the side of the road and gave it to my dad for his 40th birthday. We have two black cats that one of my classmates at Valdosta was trying to get rid of. Without asking my roommates, I brought both of them home. They then had kittens at the same time. We have another cat that I got when I was going through a break-up. The list could go on and on....
 Well this is the newest member of the family. My Aunt Sue's cat (which was a kitten to one of our black cats) had kittens. I knew that my parents would say no, so I decided to try and surprise my Mimi and Poppy with a new kittten.
 I had been laying out at their house and at lunch I told them I had to go get a surprise. My Mama and brother went over to their house so they could see Mimi and Poppy's reaction when I walked in with the kitten. I was really surprised that my mama encouraged me to do this, and didnt make me stop..
 I walked in the kitchen holding the kitten and Mimi immediately took her from me. Poppy walked in and I said, "Poppy look at this kitten". His response was, "Thats a cute kitten, but its NOT staying here". I was a little discouraged at first, but then when Poppy wasnt in the room, Mimi said, "I might want to keep this kitten".
 I decided to go back out to the pool so her and poppy could talk without me in the kitchen with them. Mimi walked out to the pool a little while later, and told me that they are keeping her!
She is only 4 weeks old, but is already litter-box trained, playful, and a little cuddler. They have finally decided on a name....
*Sugar Baby*
Poppy wants to call her Sugar, and Mimi wants to call her Baby. 

I am such an animal lover, and I am so glad that they are too!! She is going to be one spoiled rotten little Baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment