Saturday, October 17, 2009

two blondes and a fire....

Being in South Georgia, we do not have that many cold days.. however today was 64 degrees which was considered freezing!! I was finally able to wear my winter clothes! OH HOW I LOVE WINTER CLOTHES!!! After a long day at work, I came home and told one of my roommates i wanted to build a fire! She was just as excited as me!.. problem was, we didnt know where to get firewood, how much firewood we needed, we both knew something about a starter long (we didnt know what they were though, just knew we needed one!) Well i decided to go searching! Walmart has everything so i went there first.. i came to a shelf with a box that says "ALL NATURAL FIREWOOD!" i had NO clue you could buy firewood in a box at walmart! ok so now Im sure your wondering why we have a cooking spoon! Well I had the bright idea to use this as our "fire poker" since we dont have one! haha The flashlight.... we knew we had to "open something up in the chimney" we werent really sure how to do that so we searched the house for a flashlight and then started shining it up the chimney, eventually i saw a metal thing on the fireplace that said "open" and "close".. we were just making it way too difficult!




After all our hard work, this is as big as we could get the fire!! This just was not going to work for me!! Megan gave up, so i stayed in here trying to think of how to make my fire like daddy makes it!! Megan wanted to go pick up leaves and sticks and stuff in the yard, but i called my mom and she said that would smoke up the house! I then had the bright idea to take about 30 sheets of computer paper and crumbled them up.. wasnt sure if it would work.. but i did get this...
I found out very quickly though that paper burns VERY fast!!! So this fire did not last long!


You cant see it, but this is when the "kitchen spoon" comes into play!! haha Even though we may not have had the best fire, it felt so good to finally have a nice fall day! I cant tell you how many times i heard people talking about how much they loved the weather today. Everyone just seemed to be in such a wonderful mood! Theres just something about fall that does that to people! :) After we got done with our fire, we ate some homemade vegetable soup that my roommate made, and then rented two movies from the dollar rental at walmart (if you havent tried that, its SUCH a good deal!) and made some hot chocolate with marshmellows!! Tomorrow is probably our last cold day for another couple of weeks! :( Yesterday i was wearing shorts and a tanktop, today i wore jeans, sweater, scarf and boots... oh how i love the crazy georgia weather!!! Hope everyone has a nice relaxing weekend!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I am a follower now
    :)

    cue blog
    keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks girl!! I have a feeling i am going to become addicted!!!

    ReplyDelete