Monday, April 16, 2012

Missing My Sue-ma Today....

Yesterday morning I woke up thinking about my Sue-Ma. I was trying to find a notebook to take to church with me, and I came across an old journal of mine. The first page I turned to was about my Sue-ma. I thought that was crazy since I had already been thinking about her.. I wanted to post some of my entries, I believe they could bring back some sweet memories to my family..


"Today at church was Byne's 100th anniversary. Mimi has been helping to set it up since this Summer. Our family and other "big" families had to make videos telling our memories at Byne. Sue-ma hasnt been doing too good, but I was really hoping that she would make it to church this Sunday, everyone told me not to get my hopes up. I sat in the risers with my family and looked to Sue-ma's "spot" in church and there she was sitting in her wheelchair with a royal blue dress on and red lipstick. I couldnt help but to smile. I went down to tell her hello. She didnt recognize me until I told her who I was. I told her she looked so pretty and told her i was so excited that she came to church. She told me she wouldnt have missed it for anything. The preacher did a special recognition for her as being "the oldest member". Everyone stood up and clapped for her. That was so emotional. Me, mama, and daddy all started tearing up to the point where tears started flowing down our faces. We all knew that this would be the last time Sue-ma would be in this church.... maybe even the last time we would see her. The last time I talked to her, she told me she was hanging out to this day and then wanted to go be with the Lord. I dont know why the Lord wanted to bless me by giving me the opportunity to have such great memories with my 101 year old great grandma, but I am truly privileged to have such a wonderful lady in my life."


Miss you Sue-ma!

No comments:

Post a Comment