Monday, September 20, 2010

Sue-Ma has gone HOME!


This past Friday, my 101 year old great grandmother went to be with the Lord! As sad as it was to say goodbye, I KNEW she was ready to leave! I remember on her 90th birthday, she was talking about wanting to go be with the Lord then! That has been her prayer for the past 15 years! I wish I could have seen her face as she RAN through the pearly gates and onto the streets of gold! At her funeral, I was able to see how many peoples lives she has touched. My dad said that Sue-ma would be standing at the gates of Heaven passing out tollhouse chocolate chip cookies, a cold piece of pound cake, and a glass bottle of coca cola. The preacher asked everyone to stand up who has eaten something that Sue-ma has made, and more than half of the people at the funeral stood up. It was such an honor to know that was MY great grandmother that was blessing all those peoples lives. Not many people are lucky enough to be able to know their great grandparents. I have been lucky enough to know ALL of mine but one. Im even more blessed to have one stick around for 101 years! I was able to visit her several times the past few years and was able to hear so many funny stories of her and her life and how boys actually fought over her when she was younger. I also learned this weekend at her funeral that she was voted the "Prettiest Girl" in her high school.

Me, Sue-ma, and my brother this past Christmas.


The news interviewing Sue-ma on her 100th birthday!


This was at Sue-ma's 100th birthday party at church


Me and Sue-ma last winter.



Me and Mama at Sue-mas celebration of life funeral.

Me and my little cousin Avery at the funeral.

Suema,
I am going to miss you more than you can imagine! It was such a bitter-sweet weekend to see you go. I was so upset when I got the news that you have left us.. but I prayed for God to send me a sign that you were in good hands, and at that moment, "I Can Only Imagine" came on the radio :) At that moment, I knew that was the Lords way of showing me that he had you in his hands, and there is no place that you would rather be. I know you were so excited to see the Lord, and also your husband! I try to picture those moments over and over in my mind! I am going to miss you suema. I will always cherish that last kiss, when I said my goodbye to you before they closed the casket. Your the kind of lady I dream of being one day. Give my Papa, Grandmama, and Pop a big hug and kiss from me... I am one lucky girl to now have you as one of my guardia angels.. I love you Sue-ma... Cant wait to see you again. Lord, She's yours now.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


After the funeral, My parents and I met up with Anthony and his dad to shoot some skeet!


Anthony was a pro at it, and didnt miss a single target.


I on the other hand, did not hit one! BUT the day before that I ONLY missed one! So I guess it was just an off day for me ;)



And Daddy, he was a PRO too :)

This was the day before :)



I only missed ONE this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment