Monday, August 15, 2011

MCG.. Day 1

Stephanie, Carrie, Me, Laura Merriem, and Tricia

(the other interns)


I am blessed. I am scared. I am shocked. I am ready. I am nervous. I am going to have such a good time. I am going to miss my family. I am going to make friends. I am going to miss Anthony. I am emotional. I am humbled. I am missing home. I am growing up. I am lonely. I am learning to be independent. I am stepping out of my comfort zone. I can do this....


Today was day one of the internship.. nothing too exciting happened, it was just orientation. The exciting part does not happen until Wednesday!


On Saturday I got a text message from one of the interns (I had only met one of the interns at this point) saying they were all getting together for coffee and to pray about these next 9 months. I was in shock. I guess I was not expecting to have a group of strong Christian girlfriends. Alot of the anxiety I was having went away at this point. I could not think of a better way to start off this internship! I got to the girls house, worrying that I was going to be the "odd ball" of the group since Child Life was not my major, and since these girls were already good friends. They took me in like they've known me for years. We spent two hours talking about our expectations and goals of this internship. Before we left, Tricia said we all needed to get in a circle and pray for the year. It was so calming to be in a circle with 4 other girls hearing each one of them praying for these next 9 months. Praying that we will be a light in a dark time for children and their family members in a scary hospital setting. Praying that we will be best friends during this time. Praying that we will hold each other accountable for our actions on and off the hospital campus. Praying that we will find a way to talk about the Lord to patients.


I could not have asked for a better group of girls to be in this internship with me. God has been in this process from day one. He continues to amaze me during all of this. I am so excited to have a group of Christian girlfriends to work with and grow with together these next 9 months! I am excited to see what the Lord is going to do through us this next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment