Sunday, February 5, 2012

Make A Difference Monday : NYC

I decided to take a break from doing my "Make A Difference Monday" on people and do it on a place that has made a difference in my life. For those of you who know me, you know that part of my heart is in NYC! We try to go every two years or so, and I hope that tradition continues or either becomes every year :) New York is such a cool place to go, and it is impossibly to describe to anyone that has never been. There is so much to do: Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Broadway shows, Brooklyn Bridge, Today Show, 9/11 site, Central Park, back rooms where you can get knock off purses, searching for celebrities, going to places that you have seen in movies, I could go on and on!!!

NYC made a difference in my life because of how fast paced and loud everything is. It is definitely the city that NEVER sleeps. I have grown up in the country where you can get anywhere in 10 minutes, there are fields everywhere, tractors that drive on the road, and country hicks. You will see NONE of that in NYC. It was cool to see how different life in NYC is than life in Albany.

I always get SO excited in the plane when I see this!!
This was from the restaurant Serendipity. This is the same seat that the actors from the movie Serendipity sat in and drank their frozen chocolate!!

Going to cool shops is always fun! This was inside Anthropologie.

The madness of the city.

The tourist stores are literally every single store on the block.

Looking for celebrities in the airport is always fun!

Seeing this show, will change your life. The Lion King is already my favorite movie, but this show made it seem so real!

You cannot go to NYC without going to FAO Schwartz


I love the Kardashians, so we had to go to their store! So surreal.

This was a cool place to go to because the workers perform the entire time you are waiting for your food. A girl who tried out for American Idol started her career here!

Empire State Building..

The Rockefeller Center Ice Skating rink

graffiti!

Going at Christmas time was so cool! There were beautiful decorations all over the city.

The Today Show is something that you HAVE to do! I have gone twice with my family, and once with my friend Paige. We had to be there at 4:00am to be able to get a good spot to make sure we got on TV!

Walking the Brooklyn Bridge is something that I will never forget! It took forever!

Seeing the Statue of Liberty

Going where celebrities go.

Central Park.

On top of the Empire State Building. I had a HUGE panic attack!

The loud taxis everywhere.

more graffiti.



If you have never been to NYC, please put it in your bucket list! I promise it will make a difference in your life!! I could not find any of my pictures from the 9/11 site, but that is definitely a must see. One thing that was so cool about it, is noone talks when you are there. They have so many different pictures up of family who lost love ones, and letters every where. It takes you back to that day, and makes you remember everything that went on. It is heart breaking to go there, but also a cool experience.

1 comment:

  1. I have never been to NYC, but would LOVE to go there one day. It seems so magical to me. Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures, you all look like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete