Friday, February 3, 2012

This week..

This week was by far one of the most tiresome weeks I have had at the hospital during my internship. We had homework overload. Projects to do. Early mornings and late nights. But I am learning why this is the most respected internship in the US. They challenge us so much.

One project we had to do this week was design a playroom for a hospital to meet the needs of infants, toddlers, pre-schoolers, school-agers, and teens. It doesnt sound hard, but it was the hardest project I have ever done. We had to come up with our own budget, talk about the price of each item we put in our playroom, the rules, why you chose the items that you chose, etc.

Tricia's project.

A fun part of this week was a group came to do a special event involving magic clay and paper clips. These are some of the patients creations.

Carrie made the rose, and I made the bracelet :)


This is the bug I made. haha.

We got to put our hand prints and names on an apron afterwards. The group is going to auction off all of their aprons one day.


Even though many tears were shed this week because of stress, I am still very thankful to be where I am. I could not have asked for a better hospital to be at. I am learning so much, and cannot wait to put it into action when I enter into "the real world".

No comments:

Post a Comment