Thursday, October 14, 2010

Aunt Lynda has gone home...



Last Friday, my Aunt Lynda closed her eyes for the last time, took her last breath here on earth, and when she opened her eyes, she was in front of our Lord. When my mom called to give me the news, I completely broke down crying on my bed. I have so many questions as to WHY the Lord allowed this to happen. Why did he let her die of cancer, and her husband die of cancer and leave their son here without parents. Why didnt he save her so she could be able to tell her testimony to several other people? Why isnt there a cure for cancer? Why is the Lord putting our family through such hard times these past few weeks?

Even though I have so many questions as to WHY, that still doesnt bring her back. I know she wasnt ready to go, but now that shes in Heaven with our Lord, her 1st husband, and several other family members, I KNOW she wouldnt think twice about coming back! At her funeral, they talked about how she wanted to live until April so she could go to her High School reunion... but she is having a Reunion in heaven with millions and millions of people! Another thing I learned at her funeral is she ALWAYS took charge! I can only imagine what she is doing in Heaven!

At her visitation and her funeral, she has tons and tons of friends stop by. I was able to see how many lives she truly touched. That was such an inspiration to me. I want to be the kind of lady my Aunt Lynda was. She didnt meet a stranger. She helped anyone who needed something. She fought like no other woman I have ever known. She inspired so many people with her great attitude. She put on make up and dressed up until she couldnt help herself. She did her best to promote ovarian cancer awareness. Before her funeral, I sat with my family watching home videos and I didnt realize how fun she was (especially before cancer) She was always laughing, teaching people how to line dance, and cracking jokes on everyone.

She is going to be greatly missed, thought about daily, and continue being an inspiration to others.. even though she is no longer present on earth.

I love you, Aunt Lynda.

Anthony surprised me with flowers since its been such a hard past few weeks :)
Me, Mama, Nanny, and Mimi at Aunt Lyndas visitation.

This is my cousin David and Spencer (Aunt Lyndas grandchildren)

My little cousin Reid (another one of her grandchildren)


Poppy, Mimi, Uncle Mike, and Nanny eating at Aunt Lyndas before the funeral


Me and my cousin Kate (another one of her grandchildren)

My cousins Hunter, Taylor and my brother.
My little cousin Reid

Some of our family at the funeral


1 comment:

  1. So sorry for your loss!!! Your family has been in my thoughts and prayers! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete