Friday, October 15, 2010

World Cancer Day


My Grammy emailed me today saying that today, October 15 is World Cancer Day.


The email just had one sentence to it.. its a small request.. Just one line....
"Dear God, I pray for a cure for cancer. Amen "


I have had some friends and some family who have had cancer, even lost some family from this horrible disease.. my prayer every day is to find a cure for cancer!!! I love how last month and this month have both been cancer awareness months! Im tired of seeing people suffer, and lives being lost from cancer. It is one thing that I will NEVER understand.

This was one of my Aunt Lyndas favorite poems:


Cancer is so limited...

It cannot cripple love

It cannot shatter hope

It cannot corrode faith

It cannot eat away peace

It cannot destroy confidence

It cannot kill friendship

It cannot shut out memories

It cannot invade the soul

It cannot reduce eternal life

It cannot quence the spirit

It cannot lessen the power of the resurrection

No comments:

Post a Comment