Monday, October 4, 2010

Annoying.. Crazy.. Wonderful.. Emotional Weekend....


After a LONG stressful week of school, I decided to go home to Albany for a nice relaxing weekend. I could not wait to sleep in my room, on my bed, with my fan on high, with my bed made up tight by my mama. WELL... none of that happened..
Friday night, I was sitting in the living room with my family just talking and we heard a loud BANG and ALL of our power went out. The tv, the fans, the air condition, the lights.. everything. We ran outside to make sure everything was ok... turns out my neighbor had thrown another wild party, and one of her drunk friends hit our power box (you can see how far it was moved) and then he sped off right afterwards so he wouldnt get in trouble for drinking...This was the beginning of a long night. It happened at 11:00 and was not turned back on until 5:45!!!!!

This was just SOME of the many candles we had lit to see our way around the house. It was fun at first because we were just all laughing together as a family and stuck in the same room. But if you know me, I HAVE to have my room freezing when I sleep! So it was a sleepless night for me with no air condition and no fan on high blast!
**Note to others: if you go to a party at my neighbors house and are loud and obnoxious like always, im calling the cops! Im sick of drunk, stupid, loud people when Im trying to go to bed! Also... its not cool to drink and drive... just saying.......

After a sleepless Friday night, my boyfriend wanted to take me skeet shooting.. since thats his new addiction. Perfect way to release my bad attitude from the night before!

I may be horrible at it, and may be real sore afterwards, but it is SO much fun!!
Anthony.. he hates pictures, especially when i tell him to pose :)
Last week I told my mom I was craving something that was weird shaped.. thats the ONLY way I could describe it and she knows me so well, she guessed it.. HAY-STACKS!!
These were so good, and so easy to make! All it took was peanut butter, butterscotch, noodes, raisens, peanuts, and m&ms :)

Sunday after church, My mom, my mimi, and I all decided we wanted to go see a movie. They absolutely love the Christian author Karen Kingsbury, and wanted to see the Movie "Like Dandelion Dust" This movie was SUCH a tear jerker!!! Although, it was hard for me to ball my eyes out like I wanted----because Mimi was sitting next to me just crying her eyes out... LOUD!!!
BUT..... She could be as loud as she wanted because we were the ONLY ones in the entire theatre!
Im so lucky to have such a wonderful Mom and Grandma.. They seriously are my life. When you put the three of us together, your guaranteed to cry from laughing so hard! We had so much fun being the only ones in the theatre! We had out purses filled with candy and drinks (I think Mimi ate about 3 snickers... and milkduds!!)

NOTE: if you are in the adoption process, this is NOT a movie that I would recommend.

HOPE EVERYONE HAD A FABULOUS WEEKEND!!! :)
Also... please be in prayer for my Aunt Lynda who is dying of cancer. The doctors told her about 4 weeks ago that she had 2 weeks left to live..and she is still holding on... I went by to see her several times this weekend, and shes has stopped responding when you talk to her.. You can also tell she is in so much pain. She asked my Uncle Leon last week if she was in Heaven yet and all he could say was "Not yet Sweetie, but your getting close" I hate to say that I wish the Lord would just go ahead and take her.. But if its his will not to heal her, I pray that she will go ahead and let go.... She has lived one wonderful life and blessed so many people along the way.....

1 comment:

  1. hubby and i went skeet shooting the other day. it totally releases stressed and frustration :)

    ReplyDelete