Monday, January 2, 2012

New Years Resolutions

I have never really made New Years Resolutions before, but I decided I wanted to try this year!


1. Eat healthy

I am not trying to lose weight or anything like that, I just simply want to eat healthier than I do now. I am a sucker for sweets, and eat a ton of junk food, so this is going to be hard for me, but I want to try my best to cut sweets out... some ;)


2. Work out

I do not think I have worked out since my senior year of cheerleading. I always envy the girls that are out jogging in the neighborhoods, because I wish I could do that. I do not know how to run! haha. I am not in shape, so I give out of breath so easily!


3. Not say anything negative about anyone

I am not one for gossip, but it is so easy to fall into that trap. It is so easy to be judgemental too. Judgemental people drive me nuts. You do not always know what is going on in a persons life, so it is completely unfair to judge others. I have learned that people dont always remember the positive things that come out of my mouth, but they always remember the negative. I just want to avoid every area of negativity this year. Even stuff as simple as "Did you see what she was wearing?" It is also nice to always feel in the loop about things that dont even matter to you, every human being likes to know all they can about each other. I do not want that to be me this year. I want to just concentrate on the family and friends that matter to me.


4. Finish this semester strong

I will be finished with my internship in May. I had no idea what I was getting into when I accepted this offer. I thought it was going to be easy and fun. It is so much work!!! HARD WORK. I want to finish these next few months strong without complaining. I am so blessed to have this internship and I know it was 100% God who put this internship into my path. This internship is the most well respected internship in the country. I want to pour my heart and time into it, and finish strong!!


5. Make time for a devotional

I pray all throughout the day, but I always make up excuses as to why I cant read my Bible or why I cannot do a devotional. But I can spend time watching tv, movies, twitter, blogging... etc. I want to find a good devotional that I can do every day.


6. Stop trying to please everyone around me

I am the biggest pushover that there is. I like to do whatever I can to make everyone happy; even people that I do not even know that well. I want that to change this year. I want to be 100% happy. I want to make decisions for myself. I want to figure out who I am, by myself. I do not want to be walked all over. I want to learn to stick up for myself. I want to be bold.


7. I want to try to go a year without dying my hair

I know this is a silly one, but I want to try and save some money this year. Dying my hair every 6 weeks can get to be expensive! I want to try and go for the "all natural" look. This is probably going to be the hardest resolution for me! Haha. I love adding a billion colors to my hair, but I want to see how long I can go without doing that!... It'll also make my hair healthy and grow faster!

8. I want to do some volunteer work/get involved in the community

I want to get involved with children's hospitals. I want to become a part of different charities. I want to be a part of mission change.


9. I want to give back

So many people have done so much for me to help me out with college and this internship. I want to find ways to "give back". It doesnt have to be with money, but something as simple as time, a phone call, an email, a picture, or other creative ways.


10. I want to be the change in this world

I want to seek out ways every day to brighten someones day. If I see something that I like about someone, even a stranger, I want to let them know. I love getting compliments from strangers. Its crazy how something so little can brighten your day. I want to be that person for someone else. I want to make others feel good about themselves. I want to buy a stranger a meal. I want to make a depressed person see the joy in living. I want to be the change...

No comments:

Post a Comment